Thursday, June 14, 2012

Newport Ladies Book Club Book Review

 
I recently read Daisy, the second stand alone book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series. Each book is written by a different author from the perspective of a different member of the book club. Review of the first book here. This one was written by Josi S. Killpack, the author of the Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery series; one that I've spent many lovely hours devouring.

As I read Daisy I found it to be an interesting experience--reading many of the same events but from another perspective. Daisy's life has it's own set of challenges, very different from those faced by Olivia in the first book. I like that these women in book club come to each others aid as the inevitable bumps in the road come along in their individual lives. Daisy was an enjoyable read.

Paige is the next installment, due out in August. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment: