"Procrastination's got a hold of me"
It's in quotes because Michael McLean is the author of those words, not your's truly. It's part of his, no doubt, mountain of unpublished songs.
But, though I didn't pen the words, they describe exactly where I am in my life.
Here is my top ten list of favorite things to procrastinate:
10. Sweeping my kitchen floor. Thankfully, my floor hides a multitude of dirt!
9. Making visiting teaching appointments. I adore visiting with my sisters, but actually making the phone call is, for some reason, not something I want to do right now.
8. Putting away folded towels. I have insufficient towel storage space. So it's a struggle every time and I'll do it later.
7. Requesting medical flexible spending reimbursement. The paperwork; dotting every i or their gonna reject it; makes me tired.
6. Returning neighbor's dishes. When my family is in need and a neighbor or ward member brings dinner in, I am always grateful. But, I confess that I groan inwardly when I see real dishes, knowing they will sit on my counter for days (or weeks) and be washed several times before finding their way back to their rightful owner. (which will make me feel guilt and who needs THAT?)
5. Folding laundry. I'm getting a smidge better about this one, less attitude and more just get' er done!
4. Responding to event invitations on facebook. Don't know why, but I put it off until the last minute.
3. Eating and exercising. This one important to me, and yet, I've been in the, I'll start tomorrow mode for three solid weeks, pudging right up!
2. Mating socks. I know, I know, I already listed folding laundry, but mating socks is in a league by itself. I will NEVER have good attitude about mating socks.
1. Entering receipts into Quicken. The more I put it off, the more motivated I am to do everything but! This happens to be the thing I'm procrastinating at the moment.
What do you procrastinate?