Sunday, May 9, 2010

I can't let today pass without a few words about the mothers in my life.

First, my own angel mother. She's such a fun mom (and grandma)!!! No matter our age, toddler to teenager, I knew her very favorite thing was to be with us kids (and still is!) What a gift that was. She would start water fights in the kitchen, loved to play games with us, found humor and joy everywhere, was more fun to recount a date to than my girl friends, showered us with her love, taught us well, gave us room to grow, and most importantly, her eyes clearly reflected the deep-down joy that she ghad from living the gospel. It was from her that I came to want that same joy in my life. I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father for the beautiful gift my mother.

Second, my mother-in-law. She's loved and accepted me from day one, is a beautiful example of life long service to others, raised six wonderful children (Hubders being the favorite!) and looks for the best in everyone.

Third, my grandma. She was never very healthy and asthma was a constant. When I close my eyes, I can still hear her staccato cough coming from the kitchen as she prepared meals for the family. (Her potato salad is  THE best!)  I don't recall her ever complaining about anything and I knew that she adored me. After she died, I ended up with the little side table that sat by her chair. She made literally hundred's of sets of temple robes in her lifetime. The table always had a green apron on it, embroidery in various stages. It's one of my most prized possessions.

These good women continually put their in God and put family first. They loved being a mom and it showed in all that they did. Their examples have shaped and blessed me from day one and will continue to be a blessing to generations yet to come. Thank heaven, literally, for mothers!!

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading the wonderful tributes today of how the various women in our lives have taught us. Yours was no exception. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree!! It should also be mentioned what an amazing mom you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And happy Mother's Day to you--another inspiring mother I know!! It's wonderful to be surrounded by amazing women.

    ReplyDelete