Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Families are the Best!


Growing up my mom would frequently hug me tight, sigh contentedly and say with conviction, "There's nothing better than being a mom!" I didn't realize, at the time, what a gift she was giving me. It's a mind-set that's a HUGE blessing in my life. Because I want to pass that mind-set along, Girlie-whirl and I frequently have conversations about how there's nothing better than being a mom, but don't tell Daddy 'cause he thinks being a dad is the best and he might feel bad! Tonight in her prayers she said, "I'm thankful for Mommy and Daddy. And bless them to know that both moms AND dads are the best so their kids can be with them ALL the time and love them!" I love that she knows, already, that there's nothing more important than family!

No comments:

Post a Comment